angkinabuhi

Friday, April 10, 2009

getting myself ready

Will I pass the board exam? Will I make to the top and get a license? There are so many questions I have in mind. Quite a few things I want to know about. I’ve been thinking on how to manage my time and deal with my preparations for the review. Monday is fast approaching and I’ve got two nights left! I haven’t even read the orange book or any other SW books I have kept in my old, dusty coffer. On the other hand, I am excited on getting myself ready for it. Why? In the first place, I’ll be staying away from home; which would mean, away from household chores and long idle hours of lying sluggishly in bed. I sort of like the latter part but I just can’t live a life like that at 26. I had to be in charge of my own life and do something productive this time.

What can I say about the board exam? I guess it’s a scary, mind boggling and heart thumping event of our post–graduate lives. Very draining and stressful I believe. A couple of teachers have offered their tips and advices to make us feel less tense about the whole thing. Well honestly, it made me feel a lot worse. I felt not just butterflies in my stomach but dragonflies and fireflies as well. Of the many things they have said, what I remembered was just the basic tip: Presence of mind. And the rest are history…

I know that preparing myself for the exam is not an easy thing. But despite the apprehensions and fears that my mind is dwelling upon, I am all set to experience that exhausting yet challenging thing those examinees have been talking about. I bet it’s all worth it. I just need to be inspired and motivated to make it to the top and hopefully pass the Social Work licensure exam.
posted by angkinabuhi at 12:20 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home