angkinabuhi

Monday, May 11, 2009

room for rent

When I stepped out of the door, the sun’s UV rays swiftly touched my skin like a wind whispering to me. With one hand protecting my eyes against the harmful light, sweat droops down like morning dew. Its terrible heat made me feel drowsy and yawning was the only way to ease the sleepiness that I felt. I walked along the narrow and winding road of Urgello; in a quest for a nice and comfy pad where I can call my “third home.” I never thought it could be this exhausting and grueling. Well, I managed to bear a painful back and an aching leg just to find one that suits me.

Stray dogs welcome me to every house that I go to. Bystanders politely answer every question I ask from them. I’ve searched all corners of Urgello to find a place away from the noisy honking of all sorts of vehicles. I have strolled long enough to search for one single room away from the crowded and busy street in the heart of the city. Would someone believe that I could find one?

I have decided to move out and leave home. I have thought about it a thousand times and I’ve come to realize that at my age, I should do things my way. It’s about time that I think about myself and take responsibility of living on my own- of taking charge with my boring yet satisfying life. At the back of my head, I can’t help but ask “will I be able to handle it? Am I mature enough to manage my time, my chores, my studies and my future work all at the same time?” Gracious God, help me!! Where do I start?

My mind tells me to go but my heart tells me to wait. What’s more, I look forward to start a new chapter in my life and create another wonderful experience. I can’t wait to meet new friends and unravel another journey in my adult existence. I know it’s not easy, but it will help me to become mature, responsible and prepare myself for an opportunity yet to be accomplished.

Indeed, moving out is one tough thing that a person has to deal with. It is a part of one’s young adult life of exploring the world away from home- away from our comfort zones. We may seem to worry and doubt that we might not cope with life’s battles and adversities alone. We may feel restless to finally stand up and take control, but we have to be patient and enduring and take things one step at a time.

Looking for one nice room is just the start. It’s just the beginning of my quest in facing life’s challenges all by myself. My story has just begun…

posted by angkinabuhi at 11:46 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home