angkinabuhi

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mamma Maria’s Pizzeria: crocodile meat does exist!!










Have you ever eaten a crocodile meat before? Well if you ask me, I haven’t… I wouldn’t even wanna try. That poor reptile might feel awfully bad if I’d take one munch. But there’s one awesome restaurant that serves delectable crocodile meat for non vegetarians in town and mamma maria pizzeria’s just the perfect place…

My friends and I went out to have some little fun in this small but humongous pizza place in Gorordo. Colorful “banderitas” caught my eye when I got out of the car and was totally astounded. Another mouth-watering festivity of new and exciting flavor awaits me. Good thing that my friend brought her sophisticated camera for us to take a few memorabilia to our one-of-a-kind fellowship. I felt like a star when the only customers they had was us. It was as if the whole place was exclusively reserved for three lovely ladies in the city. And it’s overwhelming to know that the staff and crew have been so graciously amusing and fun.
They’ve got beautiful interior and large tables that could serve a huddle of hungry looking Homo sapiens who’s out for some nibble. You can have a couple of lip-smacking choices of Italian toppings coated with luscious-sultry-melted mozzarella cheese. Yum yum!!

Zen’s first order was a crocodile pizza. At first glance, I thought it was chicken. Not until she said it’s another kind of meat. Well, I’m the type of carnivore who eats only those I grew up to eat. That would imply, eating only what was designed to eat and crocodile isn’t in my list!! I never imagined that crocodile meat really does exist. I mean, they allowed crocs to be slaughtered and killed to have that undeniably tasty pizza? They might look horrible when they dive in swamps and muddy lakes but, oh poor little thing!! They somehow look adorable when they’re hungry, hahaha!! Although I did not take a bite, I could say it tasted really good. Who wouldn’t? My friends ate it all in just a matter of seconds. A delightful smell snapped my nose’s attention as garlic and mozzarella cheese clouded the entire room. How I love that smell! It drove out the greediness in me as I hurried and munched that yummy flavored pizza. I thought I would eat apples, cherries and oranges when tutti frutti pizza was served. It’s a unique pizza flavor that’s topped with fresh tahong and shrimps: savory and appetizing! They also serve a 52” pan pizza with different heavenly flavors that could satisfy about forty famished lads out there. And to complete the snack, a bottomless iced tea is just the thing.

We all had our tummies gorged along with some chitchats and good laughs. As we left, we took a few poses at their simple yet lovely façade. Elena was an instant celebrity when the staff went out to have their picture taken with us. It was an amazing rainy afternoon with my pretty friends and I’ll surely keep that memory in my treasure chest for keeps! I wonder if we all three could gobble up that 52” pan pizza in one setting. Hmmm… Well, I bet we could!

posted by angkinabuhi at 11:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home